Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Mock Interview

Not your typical final

Yesterday in class, we had our final. Now you must be wondering, how many questions were there, did you study and how long did it take you. Well, it wasn't your typical final. Instead, i had a very interesting type of final. It was a mock interview. Everyone in class had to dress professionally and have their resumes. Before, we started the mock interview, four of my colleagues volunteered to pretended to be a school principal. They introduced themselves and explained what their school name meant to them. It was pretty cool to witness. Once the actual mock interview started, we were sitting in our fieldwork groups awaiting the arrival of our first "principal" to hear the questions they would be asking us.



I really enjoyed the mock interview because the "principals" came up with really unique questions. For instances, Melissa asked us what type of animal do you think of when you hear the word direct instruction. I answered with sloth, because sloths are slow and strong animals. When teaching a direct lesson, you want to make sure  you are teaching it slow so the students can understand what is being taught. I really enjoyed this question. One question, I didn't enjoy and thought was challenging was Emily's question. She asked about Bloom's taxonomy and how to use it in a classroom.

I really enjoyed this type of final because I thought it was a unique experience. This really prepared me for the professional world. I feel more confident and comfortable being interview by a "principal". Overall, I thought this was a good way to test students especially when they are overwhelmed with other classes.

Here is the link to the "principals" interview question.

No comments:

Post a Comment