Monday, May 2, 2016

Macroeconomics vs. Microeconomics

In class the other day we got to learn how to teach economics in a elementary school . Each student was assigned one topic. The topic I picked was macroeconomics vs. microeconomics. I had to explain the difference, as well as explain how I would teach it to a first and sixth grade classroom. Below is what I learned. 



What's the difference between Macroeconomics and Microeconomics?

Macroeconomics is the study of a national economy as a whole. Some of the most common focuses of macroeconomics include unemployment rates, the gross domestic product of an economy, and the effects of exports and imports. 
Microeconomics is the study of economics at an individual, group or company level.This usually has to do with the study of supply and demand for a specific product. 



                                           
                                                Here is the Glogster I would share with my class.


                                           
                                              Here is the Voki I would share with my class.
 êBelow is a short video about 
macroeconomics vs. microeconomics.
This is a great video to show your classroom. ê


Here is the link to the class powerpoint presentation on teaching economics. 



No comments:

Post a Comment