Monday, March 21, 2016

Last Day of Teaching

THE BRITISH ARE COMING! THE BRITISH ARE COMING!

Today is our second and last day of teaching in front of the classroom. We will be teaching our inquiry and cooperative lessons. All I could think was how are we going to master the time management part. Is it even possible for any group to master two lessons in 45 minutes? Well we did it! We taught both our lessons in 45 minutes. For our inquiry lesson we broke up into groups and worked on artifact bags. It was a great experience to be able to work in a small group instead of a big group. The best part was that I got to work with my favorite kids from the extension program. After teaching our inquiry lesson, we moved onto our cooperative lesson. This was fun because the kids got to brainstorm as a group to come up with words that started with the certain letter their group was assigned. It was a bit difficult for my group because I had one student in particular that was not a team player instead she would throw her pencil and growl. Overall, my group nailed the time management part and did a great job on our lessons. I definitely would have made improvements with our lessons since it was a bit rushed. This was a great experience and I can't wait to student teach in the fall now! 



No comments:

Post a Comment