Friday, March 18, 2016

First Day of Teaching

First Day of Teaching


Today was my groups first day teaching in front of the second grade classroom. I was very nervous beforehand because not only was my professor going to be watching me but as well as my classmates. Not cool. I was use to just teaching a class by myself so teaching in a group would be a totally new experience.

My group and I started off teaching our direct lesson on the thirteen colonies and how American gained their independence. We were well prepared especially since we stayed in the library till close the night before going over our parts. Melissa started off with going over a word cloud and a song on the thirteen colonies. I think singing along was my favorite part of the lesson. The students and teachers really enjoyed it. Then Elizabeth went over taxes and right after Keilani told a story about Paul Revere. Next, it was my part. I went over two more important people during this time period and checked for understanding. Lastly, Emily went over the Declaration of Independence. At the end of our presentation, we gave the students activities to work on. Overall, I think my group did a great job during on our presentation. It was engaging and up beat. However, the actual lecture was a bit long. If I had to change one thing about our direct lesson plan was to shorten up our lecture part. I am really glad I was able to be part of this experience! I had so much fun teaching the second grade class. 

My new favorite song! 


    

No comments:

Post a Comment