Friday, April 1, 2016

How Finland Broke Every Rule


WOW! Reading this article made me want quit school in America and move to Finland to become a teacher! The most powerful thing that stood out to me in the articles was "Instead of control, competition, stress, standardized testing, screen-based schools and loosened teacher qualifications, try warmth, collaboration, and highly professionalized, teacher-led encouragement and assessment." I think America has a lot to learn from Finland. For starters, their students are ten times smarter than the students here. They also don't focus on state testing and homework, instead they have fun with the kids and teach them real life things. I remember sitting in my high school desk and thinking when the heck am I going to need to know this stuff in the real world? The answer was
NEVER! 


No comments:

Post a Comment